Hi - this is the web site of Chris Gray. My main purpose is to make available the results into my Family History and the One-Name Study I’m undertaking into the name of GRAY with its variants of GREY and GRAIE. Further extensions of this site will take into account other aspects of my life.
Changes to the Site
- June 2014: Added a link to the GRAY Blog
- April 2014: Started to add data pertaining to World War 1.
- May 2013: added the crew members of HMS Hood - the world-war II battle-cruiser - with the names Gray or Grey.
- August 2012: Adding a section on the Olympics but finding that it will take a long time to dig back on those games prior to Beijing.
- June 2012: Adding section on World War II awards for gallantry as well as looking at the Dynastic Orders (for example the British Knights of the Garter) and British Aristocracy.
- 26 November 2011: Added the following sections: Boer War: Casualties, Trafalgar, Vietnam: Awards & Decorations and Waterloo Medal Roll.
- 28 June 2011: Added a link to the Celtic Royal Genealogy website which seems to be an excellent source on a Scottish lineage starting with an Andrew Gray (c1255 - c1322).
- 11 June 2011: Added the GRAY and GREY politicians, starting with members of the Australian House of Representatives, Parliament of the UK and Congress of the USA
- 05 June 2011: Started to add detail in the Data section which lists the data collected to date. Also a general tidy-up to start enhancing the structure of the site.
- 21 April 2011: added Billy Gray (1927-2011) to famous sportsmen and included a link to Gray-ONS at My Heritage website
- 20 November 2010: mend the broken links and complete the port to a new ISP.
- 22 January 2010: the start of an investigation into mortality rates.
This is my first-ever web-site and I’d welcome any advice and guidance [contact].