This section looks at the tools that are being used on this study. They are grouped into the following sub-sets:
- Communication: those used to communicate the study to others
- Data Management: the tools used to gather, analyse and assess the data
- Reporting: the tools used to record the output of the study
[This section currently is a brief summary and needs further work to give the reasons for the choices and examples of how the tools are used.]
- Tree management: The Master Genealogist
- Data management: Microsoft Excel for data subsets, MS Access and SQLserver for the main data set. [I also use Custodian for specific tasks.]
- Mapping: Just started
- Multi-media management: Just started - looking at how to manage audio, video, scanned images, etc, etc.
- Synthesis: to assist in the deriving of family trees from raw data.